- Dell Chromebook wins the top spot because of its small size and durability making it the perfect laptop for people on the go. Its battery life gives you an added edge when travelling while the sound and display features offer good entertainment value.
- Durable Chassis.
- Good battery life.
- Portable device with 11.6 inch screen.
- Delivers loud sound without distortion.
- A durable laptop.
- Tablet mode not optimal for writing.
- Subpar multitasking.
- 4GB RAM not high enough for high performance work.
- The Dell G3 gaming laptop is a proven performer for many famous gaming titles. Despite its high performance, it gives a surprisingly good battery time which helped it get to the top of our review rankings. All in all, a great gaming machine.
- Sleek design and lightweight.
- Good battery life.
- 1080p screen resolution.
- Proven performer for popular games like Battlefield and Apex Legends.
- HDMI 2.0 Jack for 4K gaming.
- No SSD.
- Display rather on the dim side.
- Not an ideal laptop for outdoor use.
- The ultra responsive touch system and high-level specs of this machine are really loved by all users who've used it. While it may not be the best for high level gaming, it does make for a brilliant overall entertainment device which is why we loved it!
- Fast processing speed.
- Ultra responsive screen giving a great user experience.
- Great audio quality coupled with big screen makes it a great entertainment machine.
- 1TB HDD so you aren't running out of storage space any time soon.
- Awkwardly placed inputs.
- Comes with an integrated graphics card so not ideal for high-end gaming purposes.
- The big size can make it hard to transport.
- Most of the inputs are at the back
- Since the arrival of tablets, people find it hard to keep their work on one machine. With this laptop though, those issues go away as you can have everything in one place and use it as a laptop or as a tablet, whatever the situation demands
- A fast and quiet machine.
- One of the best audio reproduction quality around.
- Switch between tablet and laptop.
- Great for gaming with friends over a network thanks to its QCA6174 Wi-Fi Card.
- Good brightness levels.
- No additional SSD.
- Comes with only 256GB SSD which might force you to buy an external SSD.
- Many users find the keyboard rather uncomfortable to use.
The Runner Up
Dell G3 Gaming Laptop
G3 is Dell's cheapest gaming laptop from the same series. It is presented as a solid entry-level machine which you can also use for streaming. In case you aren't sure whether Dell laptops are any good for gaming, read this post on the ever reliable Tom's hardware. Let's go through this particular laptop's specs to see how well it performs.
G3 features a 15.6'' screen that offers 1080p resolution. The screen also has an LED-backlit display with anti-glare to provide a better viewing experience. However, the screen brightness suffers and we wouldn't recommend using it outside.
G3 features the 8th generation i5-8300H processor made by Intel. This is a quad-core CPU with 8 MB cache which can be overclocked to 4.0 GHz. In the graphics department, G3 uses NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1050. It also has 4GB of GDDR5 memory, which is enough to power modern games in 1080p at 60 FPS. The card features EVGA's PrecisionX that automatically tunes overclock to your needs. 8GB of RAM (2666 MHz) is greatly accelerated with an additional 16 GB of Intel's Optane memory.
When playing newer games like Fortnite in 1080p, G3 tends to heat up easily, as the fans are small. However, this doesn't affect game performance. It scores solidly with other popular titles like Apex Legends (60+), Overwatch (100+), and Battlefield 5 (50+). This places it in the category of decent entry-level gaming. This model also has a pretty good battery life, which was a surprise considering its specifications.
G3 offers the following ports: 2 x USB 3.1 type A, 1 x USB 2.0, headphone and mic output, and HDMI 2.0 jack for 4K gaming. There is also a 720p webcam with 2 microphones that are useful for streaming.
With the launch of G3, Dell successfully ventures into the territory of gaming laptops. This is currently the cheapest laptop from the G series, but it still delivers a great performance. Plus, it is on a 40% discount, so you can get it at a bargain price right now.
Dell Inspiron All-In-One
Inspiron All-in-one is the newest addition to Dell's line of high-performance computers. It consists only of a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, which makes it an ideal choice if you don't have much space. You can also save yourself some money, as this model is on a 36% discount. Let's go through its specs one by one.
Inspiron has a solid 23.8-inch touchscreen that offers 1080p resolution. The touchscreen has a great response, even better than most of the smartphones. It has a premium feel and the fingerprints don't leave a trace. The screen also has anti-glare properties, so its very easy to see everything clearly in various lighting conditions. Inspiron features an integrated UHD Graphics 630 which is suitable for an office environment or low demanding games like Overwatch and Apex Legends.
CPU and RAM
Inspiron comes with Intel's i7- 8700T processor. This is an 8th generation CPU that has 8 threads and 4 cores with the processing power of 2.4 GHz. 8700T can also be overclocked to the max speed of 2.64 GHz. Moreover, we have 16 GB of DDR4 memory, part of which will be used by integrated graphics card.
The sound Inspiron produces is crystal clear and pretty loud, which is great if you love to listen to music on full blast. There is no trace of distortion even at the highest volume. Inspiron also has a solid webcam that pops up from the top of the monitor.
Inspiron features a 1 TB HDD, which makes sure you won't run out of space anytime soon. There's also a 512 GB SSD that provides lightning-fast boot (10 seconds) and adds the overall performance. This model is an upgraded version of Inspiron 5477 which had 128 GB SSD of lower quality. In addition to an expanded storage space, the newer version also runs more smoothly, although it has virtually the same specifications.
Most of the input ports are on the back, which is a bit unfortunate. But this can be circumvented by using a separate USB hub. Inspiron features a lot of standard ports: 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB Type C, audio output, and a headphone and microphone jack. There is also a card reader which supports the following formats: SD, SDHC, SDXC.
Overall, this is one of the best all-in-one computers around, which will be ideal for things like video editing, music production, and photo manipulation.
Dell Inspiron 5379 2-in-1
Dell's Inspiron 5379 is an updated version of i5368 that offers some refreshing changes. This is a 2-in-1 model, which can easily switch to tablet mode. It also comes with Windows 10 Home edition. Let's review it in detail.
The 13.3-inch touchscreen offers quality 1080p resolution. It is responsive and even has multi-touch support. It lets you use all your fingers simultaneously which can really speed up your workflow. The screen offers good brightness levels, although the surface is a bit reflective.
Inspiron 5379 features an improved, 8th gen i7-8550U processor. It has 4 cores that can be overclocked to 4.0 GHz with Turbo mode. This is a marked improvement from i5368, which has an i7-6500U processor with 2.5 GHz of power. Inspiron 5379 has 8GB of DDR4 memory, which is partly used to power Intel's integrated UHD Graphics 620. The motherboard features 2 memory slots, so you can have up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM. Also, the battery life is pretty good and will last you for 6 to 8 hours of light browsing.
For fast boot, there is a 256GB SSD. Unfortunately, this model lacks the space for additional SSD and HDD, so you might have to think about buying an external SSD.
This is another aspect where Inspiron 5379 marked an improvement. It features QCA6174 Wi-Fi card which has maximum send and receive speeds of 635 MBit/s and 600 MBit/s. Additionally, we also have Bluetooth 4.2.
Inspiron 5379 has the following ports: 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, HDMI, and audio ports. Furthermore, there's an SD card slot with a solid speed of 28 MB/s, which is also an improvement. Unfortunately, there's no support for USB type C.
If you are looking for a solid 2-in-1 laptop Inspiron 5379 is definitely worth considering. It is currently renewed on Amazon and comes at a 30% discount.
The Four Best Method
What We Do . . .
We started Four Best on the premise that a great deal of the information required to properly evaluate a given product is already right in front of your (and our) eyes. In fact there is too much information! A crucial skill necessary to picking the best products is instead the ability to cull through the available information, focusing on what should really drive a purchase decision.
To make those crucial determinations as to what matters and what doesn’t, we begin by thinking through what really matters to us when we use a particular product. We then use the that type of product to further refine the features we care about and that we think you will care about too. Next we search the web, looking to manufacturer’s websites, product specifications, consumer reports, expert blogs, research reports and the like to obtain crucial insights and the facts.
Finally, we distill the results of our research and combine it with our own experiences as consumers, professionals, techies, mothers, fathers, hobbyists, designers, software engineers, attorneys (sorry) and more. Ultimately, this process results in the reviews we present to you. We hope you enjoy!