- Rain-X 600001 Windshield Repair Kit is the perfect remedy for cracked or chipped windshields. The product has an advanced resin formula that works seamlessly on any laminated windshield. It can be used on a variety of windshield defects and comes with short cure time. It is easy to use and repairing a defect with this kit only takes a few minutes.
- Number 1 Bestseller!
- Can be used multiple times.
- Suitable for all laminated windshields.
- Seals all types of cracks/chips.
- Short cure time allowing it to be used on the go, especially handy when traveling.
- Lacks a pushpin to remove some of the center crushed glass.
- Cannot repair damage if it goes beyond one layer of glass.
- Some user complaints about it worsening their windshield which shows needs to be used with proper care.
- YOOHE Car Windshield Repair Kit comes with a whole host of features that help you attain a professional standard repair to your windscreen. It has a quality and durable resin formula that makes it perfect for many types of windshield defects. It is super easy to use and can be used in all laminated windshields. Besides, it is pretty fast and gets the job done within 20-30 minutes.
- Easy to operate.
- Repairs all types of laminated windshields.
- High quality resin formulation.
- Super-fast; works in 20 minutes.
- Good for multiple repairs.
- Some users may find the resin smell quite unpleasant
- Instructions could use an overhaul.
- Construction quality has room for improvement.
- The Permatex 09103 is a fantastic windshield repair kit. It comes with super easy to follow instructions and uses a high-grade resin that dries easily and perfectly blends with your windshield. The kit can repair bulls-eye damage as big as 1-1/4 inches. Also, it makes permanent air-tight repairs and comes with a complete kit that provides everything needed for repairing many laminated windshield glass damages.
- Very easy to use.
- You can save money if you buy a pack of 6.
- Excellently smooth finish.
- Easily cures under sunlight.
- Everything you need is in the kit.
- Only repairs limited windshield damage shapes.
- Doesn’t work on star damages.
- Single-use only.
- The Blue-Star Windshield Repair Kit is a fabulous option to have when repairing windshield cracks. The kit comes with detailed and easy to follow instructions complete with well-illustrated pictures, making it is perfect for beginners. It provides a permanent repair and restores the windshield to near new conditions. It uses ultraviolet light to cure the resin making it effective at sealing cracks. .
- Quick and effective in repairing cracks.
- Prevents spreading of cracks.
- Easy to understand instructions.
- Cures resin by natural sunlight.
- Made in USA.
- Pretty basic applicator.
- Unsure of how much resin to apply and might end up applying excess.
- Can only be used once.
YOOHE Car Windshield Repair Kit Review
The first thing that makes YOOHE Car Windshield Repair Kit one of the best is it’s easy to operate design which gives home users an easy time when repairing their windshield defects. All you have to do is clean your windscreen before squeezing the resin into the crack(s). Under ultraviolet light, the resin dries and solidifies within 10 minutes and overall, the entire process should last less than 30 minutes, making the job super-fast. The kit also comes with a reinforced injection sealant dispensing head.
In addition, the kit can be used on pretty much any laminated windshield while its durable resin formulation means the repairs on your windshield are not only permanent but also indiscernible to the naked eye. This gives your windshield a smooth look. The resin is powerful enough to repair the crack/chip without causing further damage to your windshield which is a possibility with low-quality kits.
The kit is also perfect for multiple repairs which is great if you have several damages on your windshield or wish to use the kit later. It is suitable for all types of chips/cracks including bugs, cobwebs, bulls-eye, half-moon cracks, and star-shaped damage among others. The product is also pretty affordable and readily available in stores near you.
The fact that the kit is made from non-chemical/toxic materials is also a major selling point. The one thing that you may not like about YOOHE Car Windshield Repair Kit is that its resin leaves a not-so-pleasant smell on your hands. However, it quickly dissipates and is pretty easy to wash off as well.
Benefits of Windshield Repair Kits
An unanticipated rock on your windscreen can potentially ruin your day. Professionals can do the repair, but it can be an expensive affair. However, arguably the best thing about windshield repair kits is the fact that they are really affordable and can be easily ordered online or grabbed at your nearest auto parts center.
No need to pay through your nose to fix small cracks and defects that are bound to get on your windshield in your everyday driving. It ultimately comes down to how deep your pockets are, but you can find decent repair kits for as little as $7. A quick onetime DIY will save the day.
Some people prefer to replace entire windshields or make appointments to have them repaired by professionals, but not only is it expensive, it can also be quite a hassle. Having a windshield repair kit comes in handy especially considering you can have your windscreen shattered by pretty much anything from truck debris, rocks, and even a storm. To be fair, a professional will do a better job and give you a pristine windshield, but repairing it can take a whole day [or more]. On the other hand, fixing your windscreen using a windshield repair kit offers convenience as it only takes up around 2 hours. Easily and conveniently give your windscreen a brand new look.
Easy to Use
A cracked windshield comes with potential risks like accidents due to compromised visibility. As a matter of fact, driving with a cracked windscreen is illegal in many states and comes with strict penalties. With many auto glass company specialists charging you hundreds of dollars to fix the chip, you’ll be pleased to learn that you can easily fix the dent yourself with minimal hassles.
A typical windshield repair kit comes with everything you need to fix the dent with relative precision including things like a scraping tool, UV-activated epoxy and resin, and curing strips among others. All you have to do is follow simple instructions and your windscreen will be as good as new.
Prevents crack from spreading
Admittedly, not all windscreen chips are dangerous, but if left unattended, they can morph into spider web cracks especially when there are extreme changes in temperature. Some places where temperatures can drastically fluctuate offer the ideal climates for such cracks to spread which inevitably comes with its fair share of risks. A good DIY kit not only stops the crack/chip from expanding but also hides the damage from plain sight, improving your windshield’s aesthetic appearance. It is almost an unwritten rule of the road that rocks will crack your windscreen at some point. However, a DIY kit will save you some potential money and time while ensuring your screen doesn’t suffer further damages.
Things to Consider When Buying a Windshield Repair Kit
Top 3 tips:
While many auto glass repair kits are available for around $10, the cost can add up to hundreds of bucks if done at a repair shop. However, that doesn’t mean just about any kit can flawlessly get the job done. Consider the following tips lest you incur further losses in the long run if you cause further damage to your windscreen.
The type of repair required
Before settling on a particular repair kit, first assess the type of damage you want to repair. A chip comes in different forms including a visible crack, star, bull’s eye, or a flower. Pay close attention to the specific crack on your windscreen. Luckily, many auto glass repair kits and accessories provide a visual demonstration of the type of cracks their product repairs.
Is a DIY Method the best?
Like mentioned, a DIY repair kit may not put a big dent in your pocket, but you have to consider whether it is the best alternative. Many windshield repair kits are suitable for cracks not bigger than 6 inches and anything beyond that may require you to consider a full windshield replacement. Not sure if your windshield repair accessories will fix the damage? An auto repair shop might be your best option.
High-quality resin is transparent, temperature-sensitive, and designed to perfectly blend with your auto glass. Low quality resin on the other hand is yellowish in color. It is advisable to pay attention to the resin’s color and how well it dries up on a glass surface to be sure of its quality. A perfectly formulated resin easily dries up under direct sunlight.
The Four Best Method
What We Do . . .
We started Four Best on the premise that a great deal of the information required to properly evaluate a given product is already right in front of your (and our) eyes. In fact there is too much information! A crucial skill necessary to picking the best products is instead the ability to cull through the available information, focusing on what should really drive a purchase decision.
To make those crucial determinations as to what matters and what doesn’t, we begin by thinking through what really matters to us when we use a particular product. We then use the that type of product to further refine the features we care about and that we think you will care about too. Next we search the web, looking to manufacturer’s websites, product specifications, consumer reports, expert blogs, research reports and the like to obtain crucial insights and the facts.
Finally, we distill the results of our research and combine it with our own experiences as consumers, professionals, techies, mothers, fathers, hobbyists, designers, software engineers, attorneys (sorry) and more. Ultimately, this process results in the reviews we present to you. We hope you enjoy!