- The Everlasting Comfort Seat Cushion is by far the best option out there. It enjoys great popularity among its users, comes in 5 different colors and helps relieve pain thanks to its ergonomic design - a design recommended by surgeons and doctors.
- 100% Memory Foam.
- Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.
- Heat Responsive. Molds according to the body heat to provide added comfort. It can then retain that shape for a period of time.
- Washable Cover.
- 5 colors available.
- Cushion may leave marks on the office chair or car seat. Washing before first use and testing for color fastness is necessary
- Some users have complained about the cushion flattening out very quickly.
- This ComfiLife seat cushion has added gel to go with the memory foam it uses in its construction. It is portable with a built-in handle, comes with a machine washable cover and sits well on any surface thanks to its non-slip rubber base.
- Non-slip base.
- Machine washable cover.
- Built-in handle.
- Money back guarantee if not satisfied with the quality
- Supports tailbone and therefore helps reduce stress on the body.
- Might leave marks on leather chairs or similar seating arrangements
- Some complaints about the cushion flattening out after a few uses.
- Another ComfiLife seat cushion makes our top four list due to its popularity among buyers. It is made out of 100% memory foam and helps in relieving tailbone pain, back pain, hip pain, and even helps stay comfortable during pregnancy.
- Relieves sciatica and back pain.
- 100% made from memory foam.
- Multi-purpose use - office, travel, car, wheelchair, kitchen...
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed.
- Some complaints about the product being harder than other seat cushions in the market.
- Can be uncomfortable for some users
- Milliard Seat Cushion provides pain relief and comfort thanks to its memory foam and breathable design. It is your perfect companion for extended sitting sessions at the office or while traveling on a long route.
- Made out of memory foam that conforms to the user's body shape.
- Designed to provide comfort for prolonged sitting sessions.
- Air-flow ventilation improves comfort.
- Removable cover.
- High density construction.
- Might leave stains on your chair or seat so make sure you wash the cover with soap before using.
- Mixed complaints about the cushion being too hard for some and too soft for others
- Most expensive in our review.
Why You Should Sit Properly
If you have an office job, chances are you spend most of your day sitting in one place. According to some studies, desk-job workers spend over 8 hours a day sitting. This includes sitting at your desk, in the car, in the lunch break or in a meeting among many other things. This translates to you spending one-third of your career life sitting! That’s quite a lot isn’t it?
It doesn’t take a scientist to figure out that most of our day is spent sitting, no matter what age, occupation or lifestyle we have. This is where the importance of a good posture comes in. If you spend your day doing a single activity, and you do it wrong over and over again over decades, it is going to cause some serious damage. For most of us, this damage comes in the form of back and joint pains among other complications. There is a very simple way out of this long-term damage. And that is sitting properly!
Tips To Maintain Proper Body Posture
Using a seat cushion goes a long way in helping you maintain a healthy posture while sitting. However, spending the rest of the time in a healthy manner is equally important. Here are a few tips that you can incorporate in your daily life to stay fit and improve your long-term fitness.
- Work in your comfort zone: When ever lifting weights or any heavy object during your daily routine, try to not bend much and keep the object close to your body just above the thighs and below the chest. Going out of this zone puts unnecessary stress on your body and long-term exposure of this stress almost always results in some form of pain in the later years.
- Stretch! What is the first thing you do when you’ve been doing a task for a considerable period of time? You stretch! This is almost instinctive because staying in one position or carrying out a repetitive task for long puts static load on the body which leads to discomfort. Stretching helps relieve this discomfort.
- Reduce exposure to vibrations: If you job involves working with vibrating tools, you need to take special care of your body. Prolonged exposure to such tools can cause multiple health conditions which can also negatively affect your neural and circulatory system.
- Use Equipment: No matter what your job, always try to look for additional equipment that will help you maintain a neutral and comfortable body posture. For those who sit a lot, ergonomic seat cushions are the answer. For others, proper footwear, pillows, or neck support may provide the necessary help to stay in a good position while working.
Benefits of Using Seat Cushions
An ergonomic cushion helps in sitting with the right posture, which in turn helps you in maintaining the natural posture that doesn't stress out your body. Once you get into the habit of using the right posture, it will help you stay away from chronic pains, stay happier and fitter, and even add to your physical appearance. No one likes a slouching body and a seat cushion is a great start towards a better physical appearance. Moreover, you don't want to experience the pains associated with growing older. Bad seating puts added compression on your tailbone, spine and hips. With improved sitting, you can age gracefully and enjoy your life for a longer period of time.
Due to the added compression from prolonged sitting, blood flow in different parts of your body is affected. This lack of circulation deprives your muscles and tissues of the oxygen they need to function optimally. When the body doesn’t get the required amount of oxygen, it has trouble running the metabolic system which you experience as digestive trouble. It is amazing how a simple thing like sitting posture can affect different parts of your body. While poor digestion is no big deal from time to time, it can lead to severe constipation or IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Take care of your body’s functions by sitting properly on comfortable support.
With all the benefits of proper blood circulation, normal digestion, reduced compression on vital areas and improved comfort, you are bound to feel some positive effects. The biggest effect is undoubtedly in your energy levels as less pain and distraction helps you stay focused on the task at hand. If you are a radio speaker or sit at the reception of important events, your listeners and guests are bound to feel the lack of energy resulting from your tired body. It is almost impossible to maintain an energetic outlook if you have to constantly worry about back pain or sore bottom while sitting. A comfortable office seat cushion removes that problem by allowing you to sit comfortably for extended periods of time.
Last but not the least, an improved sitting arrangement will always keep you comfortable, allowing you to stay in a good mood throughout the day. The best thing about office seat cushions is they are portable. This means you can extend your comfort to outside work as well. Take the cushion home with you and sit on it while watching the telly! You can even use it in your car while driving. What many people don’t realize about seat cushions is that they are also a great comfort provider during pregnancies. So when you are away from the office and expecting your child, simply take the cushion home with you and allow yourself the comfort.
The Four Best Method
What We Do . . .
We started Four Best on the premise that a great deal of the information required to properly evaluate a given product is already right in front of your (and our) eyes. In fact there is too much information! A crucial skill necessary to picking the best products is instead the ability to cull through the available information, focusing on what should really drive a purchase decision.
To make those crucial determinations as to what matters and what doesn’t, we begin by thinking through what really matters to us when we use a particular product. We then use the that type of product to further refine the features we care about and that we think you will care about too. Next we search the web, looking to manufacturer’s websites, product specifications, consumer reports, expert blogs, research reports and the like to obtain crucial insights and the facts.
Finally, we distill the results of our research and combine it with our own experiences as consumers, professionals, techies, mothers, fathers, hobbyists, designers, software engineers, attorneys (sorry) and more. Ultimately, this process results in the reviews we present to you. We hope you enjoy!